Monday, May 18, 2009

205 Drop: Top 10 tips to get cheap heat from sports fans

Today's link is a good list of bad things for worse people, and I'm fairly sure that I've only engaged in some of these (in that the Photoshop work is beyond me).

I can also tell you, from having done this work for a couple of years now, that the big traffic posts are never the ones that you expect. A few weeks ago, I had a Lemur mention on a throwaway line following a Lakers recap; I also had a big traffic burst from a simple moment of appreciation for Stephen A. Smith. The latter also got me some relatively rare troll action (who knew Stephen A. had so much free time?), all for a fairly quick and dirty post.

The lesson: life, as Woody Allen once said, is 90% about showing up. So you just do the work and move on, and maybe get a payday or two if you're lucky. Or hated. That works too.

1 comment:

Kyle Johnson said...

Very true. Just show up and give it all you got. If you fail, just get over yourself and keep showing up.