Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fantasy Hell #1

My good Work League Team went down to ignoble defeat today. It was just Not Meant To Be. Drew Brees betrayed me by giving the damned ball to Pierre Thomas. Reggie Wayne continued to be the best-regarded empty threat in fantasy play this year; I'd have been better off starting #3 WR Anthony Gonzalez instead of him today. Greg Jennings, one of the best five WRs in football, made all of one big play today. Whoop de damn do. Derrick Ward took advantage of the Brandon Jacobs injury to have one of his worst games of the year, along with the rest of the Giants. Marion Barber can no longer be considered tough. Even on the little moments, I got screwed. The Saints chose to go for two with a quarter to play and up five, rather than give me the extra point from kicker du jour Garret Hartley. Irritating. If not for Steve Slaton, I'd have saved myself four hours of very limited suspense.

But realistically, I knew I was hosed as soon as Pierre Freaking Thomas scored. He wound up with 25 points today, and that was, oh, about 20 more than I was hoping for. The coup de grace came when Shaun Hill swung a ball in the flat to Frank Gore just before the half in the Jets-Niners game; that was, as they say, all she wrote.

Oh well. It's not like the Shooter Kids *need* any more toys. Or heat in the house. Put on more layers, you parasites!

No comments: